Following the release earlier this year, Plug In Digital has announced a major update is heading for its bullet hell card game on October 4th. It’s called Spells & Specters and will introduce four new characters and nine cards while bringing changes to numerous existing spells.h
Let’s start with those new characters. The first is Deckard, who has a reduced hand limit and can infinitely stack cards of the same type. Meanwhile, Tau & Phi are twins who mirror one another’s positions and actions. However, to trigger physical effects, both characters will need to be affected by them. Finally, Randal will shuffle every card to enable the effect of another.
As mentioned, the game will also receive nine new cards. You can see the cards and their effects below:
- Foiler – Makes a card become its foil variant
- Warp Ring – Adds a protective ring to the ground
- Bag of Holding – This allows you to store a card from your hand and return it later
- Wisp – Provides a familiar capable of destroying cards
- Portable Fountain – Lets you place and gain cards by opening a portal to the fountain
- Sell Hand – Sees you sell all the cards currently in hand. You will then earn hearts and pips depending on the price they fetch
- Mirror – Creates a ghost that mimics your movement and attacks
- Pop – All cards in an area on the board will get triggered
- Chaos – Three random card effects are played
Beyond that, the free update also introduces several changes to Heck Deck to improve the gameplay experience. For instance, a full-speed mode is getting added. In this game variant, everything moves at full speed regardless of your actions. The developers will also introduce a Redo option and Restock button in the shop.
Heck Deck is available now on the App Store and Google Play. It is a premium game that costs $2.99. If you’re interested in giving it a go, you can download it using the store buttons below.