The Sims 4 has always attempted to capture realism as much as possible: with no gender restrictions, the Get To Work expansion giving you active control over your sim’s career, and more. But even as new updates consistently arrive, the base game and its downloadable expansion packs can only do so much. If you’ve always wanted your sims to have more colorful backstories and make the game a little more exciting, then The Slice of Life mod is perfect for you. Here we show you how to download and install the Slice of Life mod for The Sims 4.
How to download and install Slice of Life mod for The Sims 4
You know how some mods are so expansive that you only ever want a few parts of it? Some other features may seem buggy, but you have no other choice than to install the whole thing. Well, the Slice of Life mod, created by Kawaiistacie, allows you to just download parts of it as you wish.
Here’s how to get and install the Slice of Life mod for The Sims 4:
- Visit Kawaiistacie’s Slice of Life mod Complete Download page to download the entire mod or the Individual Download page to download parts of it instead.
- Read through the details and, once you’re set on downloading it, you can click on Download Public Release for the final version of the mod.
- If you’re a patron of the creator, you can choose Download Early Release to check its version with newer updates that are still currently in its beta testing phase.
- Go to your computer’s Download folder and locate the files.
- Extract the .zip files using any extraction tool you have.
- Move the .package folder to your Mods folder (DocumentsElectronic ArtsThe Sims 4Mods)
- Launch The Sims 4 game on your computer and start exploring the new content
Features of the Slice of Life mod for The Sims 4
The Slice of Life mod easily takes the cake for being one of the best Sims 4 mods that add a next-level touch of realism to your game. Here are the features of each downloadable part of the mod:
- My Social Life: Allows sims to call friends and family which builds relationships.
- My Memories: Allows sims to remember impactful moments and talk about them.
- My Menstrual Cycle: Adds a realistic and regular menstrual cycle experience to your women sims.
- My Personality: Pick from the 16 Myers-Briggs Personality Types for your sims to give them varying social interactions, benefits, and more.
- Self WooHoo: Adds a “Self WooHoo” interaction for your sims that give them a buff/moodlet.
- My Beauty: Allows sims to wear makeup or perfume, become insecure, and improve confidence.
- My Appearance: Allows sims to blush, have teary eyes, and dark circles or eye bags when appropriate.
- My Health: Gives a more varied and realistic approach to sims’ sicknesses, health conditions, and hygiene options.
- My Party Life: Lets your sims be invited to several types of parties by their friends, family, and acquaintances.
- My Alcohol: Allows your sims to get different kinds of drunkenness (flirty, sad, angry, sloppy, and playful) from drinking alcoholic drinks.
What are the updates to the Slice of Life mod for The Sims 4?
It’s indicated on Kawaiistacie’s website to never mix the complete download and any individual download of the mod to run it smoothly. If there should be any additions or changes to this mod, you can keep up with them through Kawaiistacie’s Mod Updates page on the official website. Becoming a patron also gets you access to the creator’s exclusive content.