A total of 20 licensed courses will be available when PGA TOUR 2K23 launches on October 14, 2022, but with the return of Course Designer, experienced players will have the chance to design more courses to challenge the entire PGA TOUR 2K community.
To date, players have created nearly 300,000 unique courses for PGA TOUR 2K21 using Course Designer, resulting in an ever-growing library of new content available to all. A selection of courses created by community members will be incorporated into PGA TOUR 2K23 at launch as part of the Course Designer community relationship.
- ArcticFury – Craggy Heights, Sherwood Shores and the Training Facility
- b101design – Lachlan Crossing and Emery Beach Club
- Crazycanuck1985 – Old Marina Golf Club and Echo Park Golf Club
- Energ1ser – Lone Grove Golf Course and Jacobson Homestead
- Mattf27 – Foxholm Golf Links and Chestnut Hollow
- VctryLnSprts – PotHole Lake Golf Club and HuckleBerry Country Club
VctryLnSprts and Crazycanuck1985 posted their thoughts on the Course Designer upgrades in PGA Tour 2K23. Below are some of the details.
- Interface has been overhauled to provide smoother access to all design tools
- New cursor selection offers easier access to objects on the course
- New spline tool streamlines the process of creating walls and fences, including on sloped terrain, improving on the previous tool that was used for surfaces and bulk-planting trees, flowers, and natural elements
- Majority of trees previously featured in PGA TOUR 2K21 have been updated or rebuilt from scratch to improve the visual quality, and a variety of new trees, including arborvitae and dogwood, and an assortment of twelve new flowers including dahlias, geraniums, poinsettias, poppies, roses, and more have been introduced to deck out custom courses.
💭 DREAM IT ✅
🏗️ BUILD IT ✅
⛳ ACE IT ✅
— #PGATOUR2K23 (@PGATOUR2K) September 29, 2022
In addition to Course Designer, the casual multiplayer mode Divot Derby and three-hole matchmaking will keep entire groups of players competitive with each other. Up to 20 players compete in Divot Derby. The first golfer to reach the ninth and final hole wins. Players can watch the competition in spectator mode if you get knocked out early.
The three-hole matchmaking feature allows players to play faster and more intensely, with shorter game times. For those without enough time to play a full round of 18 holes, both modes are great for getting a quick game or two in.
The PGA Tour 2K23 Standard Edition will release on October 14 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Steam. Players can get the game three days earlier on October 11 by purchasing the Deluxe or Tiger Woods Edition.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Standard Edition:
- Physical and digital versions for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 consoles, as well as the digital-only version for PC, include the base game;
- Players who pre-order any version of the Standard Edition will receive the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, which includes playable sports icon Michael Jordan, as well as four consumable Common golf ball sleeves;
- Players who purchase the Standard Edition of the game for Xbox Series X|S (physical or digital version) or PlayStation 5 (digital version only) consoles which includes cross-generation dual entitlement will also receive the Golden Club Pack for the game on Xbox One or PlayStation 4, respectively.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Deluxe Edition:
- For Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, or PlayStation 5 consoles, includes the base game with cross-generation dual-entitlement, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack;
- The Golden Club Pack includes a Golden Putter, Golden Driver, and four Uncommon consumable golf ball sleeves;
- The Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack includes 1300 VC (Virtual Currency), a hockey stick putter, gold baseball cap, gold glove, and three Rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
- For PC, includes the base game, as well as the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack, Golden Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA TOUR 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (available in digital format only)
- Includes all the contents of the Standard and Deluxe Edition for the purchased platform;
- Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedge set, Nike TW Golf tee shirt, and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves – plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Pack, which includes a red polo, black pants, black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, Nike TW Golf belt, and Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition Golf Ball.