The fan-favorite expansion is back, and many players are eager to farm its content. Wrath of the Lich King offers some of the best Raids to grace Azeroth. As the latest expansion in Classic, many fans are hyped to replay some of their most treasured moments. Many heroes know that they would need to clear many hard-content to enjoy the game entirely, so knowing the best DPS classes is a step in the right direction.
All Wrath of the Lich King Phases
WoW Classic won’t be seeing all of the content released right away. Wrath of the Lich King is divided into several phases, which would indicate which Raids will be released in specific periods. These stages also represent how hard these dungeons will be. Some DPS classes will work in particular challenges, while some works well in all of them. Here are all the phases in Wrath of the Lich King Classic:
- Phase 1
- Phase 2
- Phase 3
- Trial of the CrusaderOnyxia’s Lair
- Phase 4
For Phase 1, any DPS class would do well, but jobs that are strong from the beginning are at an advantage here compared to those who scale—starting Phase 2, DPS specializations that rise on their gear and level start to become more prominent. By Phase 4, these power-creeping classes will vastly outshine other jobs that rely on raw and base stats.
DPS Tier List
There are mainly three aspects of World of Warcraft that players will spend most of their time on. Heroes can either engage in PvE, PvP, or trade skills. In terms of DPS jobs, they mainly focus on the first and second scenarios. These two scenes are almost different regarding which classes excel the most in these pieces of content.
PvE would prize classes that can do significant single-target Damage due to extraordinary bosses in Raids being their primary target. PvP would value those with significant AoE damage since they will participate in large-scale or group player-to-player battles. Here are the best specializations for each content:
PvE DPS Tier List
- S Tier – These classes dish out the most single-target DPS in the game. While some can provide utility to their raid party, they are often looked upon to deal with the highest attack output. They are considered the best choices for raid parties for Phase 2 and above.
- Unholy Death KnightCombat RogueFire MageAffliction Warlock
- A Tier – These specializations boast excellent Damage in both single-target and AoE. Though they are not considered the best, they provide excellent utility and buffs to their team, which is essential. They can easily find raid statics as long as they are well-equipped.
- Marksmanship HunterFrost Death KnightFeral DruidArcane MageFury WarriorDemonology WarlockEnhancement Shaman
- B Tier – They provide average Damage but can be easily out scaled by other classes. However, the utility they provide is something that many raid parties want in their team. These classes might find it harder to find raid groups, but they can join ones that they can often join.
- Retribution PaladinBalance Druid
- C Tier – These DPS classes are average in their single-target Damage but can have massive AoE attacks. However, raid parties prefer those with high prioritization, so they may have extra trouble looking for groups. They are still viable for raids but require more investments.
- Destruction WarlockArms Warrior
- D Tier – These specs deal out the least in terms of single-target. However, they shine in certain aspects, such as utility and trade skills. Unfortunately, they will have the most challenging time in raid content.
- Beast Mastery HunterSubtlety Rogue
PvP DPS Tier List
- S Tier – High AoE damage and outstanding crowd-control is the name of the game of these jobs. They are formidable in group battles and can quickly turn the tides of war in their favor. Aside from their Damage, they also provide utility skills that are highly needed in PvP.
- A Tier – These classes have excellent bursts of Damage, crowd control, and good damage upkeep. They are almost on par with the best but can be easily overpowered by skilled and geared classes in the S Tier. However, they are still some of the most formidable ones in the PvP scene.
- B Tier – These jobs provide reliable buffs, utilities, and crowd-control to compensate for having lesser Damage. However, these classes are very flexible and can compete with those in the higher tiers as long as players invest in them and learn their niche in fights.
- C Tier – These specializations have good Damage, but they are lacking in several aspects that set them apart from those in the higher tier. They can still keep up with most top classes if they are well-geared. Players must also be skillful in these fields to be reliable in PvP.
- D Tier – Though they have high single-target Damage, it does not put them high enough in terms of PvP. Their lack of functionality in other aspects gives them a hard time if they cannot attack. While they are at the bottom of the tier list, they are not utterly useless if players know how to position themselves.
Choose your Class Depending on your Needs
Players should choose their class depending on which content they would run the most. PvP and PvE offer different features and require other DPS classes. While some specializations work on both, choosing the best in their respective field is ideal.