WRC Generations has been delayed until November 3. Originally planned to release on October 13 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, the team announced today it will now release simultaneously with the PC version on November 3.
It is important to note that the new release date will provide gamers with the best possible experience, especially for the new Leagues mode, which is a cross-play feature.
The iconic Peugeot 206 WRC from 2002 driven by Marcus Grönholm will be included for those that pre-order WRC Generations. A range of other benefits are available to players by pre-ordering the Fully Loaded Edition.
- The WRC Generations game
- Early access 48 hours before release
- Sébastien Loeb’s Citroën C4 WRC
- Additional livery for Romain Dumas’ Porsche 911 GT3 RS RGT
- Bonus items to enhance the livery editor
- A Career Starter Pack with experienced crew member cards for Career mode
- Three months of free access to WRC+, the official streaming platform of the FIA World Rally Championship
Steam & Epic Games Store won’t have pre-orders available, to compensate the Peugeot 206 DLC will be available for free to users purchasing the Standard or Fully Loaded Editions of WRC Generations in the first two weeks after the game’s launch (until November 17).
— WRC The Official Games (@WRCTheGame) September 30, 2022
WRC Generations includes a major new competitive feature, hybrid cars, just like in the real-life World Rally Championship. A powerful combination of electric power and combustion engines allows players to experience brand-new driving sensations, both in terms of physics and through a completely redesigned sound design.
Vehicles from the past can still be found in the game, even more authentically portrayed than ever before. No fewer than 37 legendary cars are represented, each meticulously recreated with its own mechanical characteristics.
The game includes not only the 13 rallies of the 2022 season, but also 9 other locations for a total of 22 different countries, as well as 165 Special Stages – a new record for the genre. A brand-new route is included in the game: the Swedish route. Only this rally is completely covered in snow, with physics that are even closer to the actual conditions.
- Career mode lets players determine their own history, managing every aspect of their team and leading them to success. A new way to manage hybrid-powered cars will be included in the skill tree.
- In League mode players can take each other on in the same category in daily and weekly challenges in an attempt to rise to the top of the rankings.
- With the Teams system, players can choose to join a team or create their own, raising the standard high in every challenge.
- The Livery editor enables players to customize their cars with a variety of finishes and stickers. In WRC Generations, players can now share their creations with each other!
- Players can take part in training races on split screen or online, and enjoy the real experience with a friend in Co-driver mode.